Maintenance a Must for HVAC and Commercial Refrigeration in Tampa Bay Area
If it seems like we discuss maintenance more often than not, it’s because maintenance is a must for HVAC and commercial refrigeration in the Tampa Bay area.
Residential and commercial air conditioning systems are used and abused in our tropical climate, and the severe storms, hurricane-force winds, and flooding we’ve endured this season may have caused damage to the outdoor compressor, or compromised its functionality due to sand, dirt, and debris.
As for heating, we may only need to engage our heat pumps during cooler nights and the occasional winter “cold” front that sweeps across the Florida peninsula, but heat pumps and other heating systems do serve a purpose to keep our families warm, so regular maintenance is very important.
In addition, commercial refrigeration systems play an enormous role for area retailers who require units that maintain the coolest temperatures to satisfy their customers’ needs, while meeting or exceeding health department standards for foods and beverages. This makes commercial refrigeration maintenance mandatory for business owners using these types of units.
With all of this in mind, now is the best time to schedule fall maintenance for air conditioners, heating systems and commercial refrigeration units to prevent untimely breakdowns during the holidays and into 2021.
Residential Air Conditioning Maintenance
Residential air conditioning systems are a major investment for homeowners, so it makes sense to keep them operating at their optimum year-round. Air conditioning system maintenance is the key to keeping your home’s air system functioning efficiently and effectively for your family’s continued home comfort.
Proficient Air and the US Department of Energy recommend an experienced air conditioning service technician in the Tampa Bay area perform the following maintenance services:
- Check the refrigerant
- Test for refrigerant leaks
- Capture any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, without illegally releasing it to the atmosphere
- Check and seal duct leakages in central air systems
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
- Verify the correct electric control sequence and make sure heating and cooling systems do not operate simultaneously
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections and apply a non-conductive coating, if necessary
- Oil motors and check belts for tightness and wear
- Check thermostat accuracy
If repairs are needed, the professional repair technicians at Proficient Air will carefully examine all components and develop an affordable solution. We always provide an estimate for repairs and execute those repairs without hidden costs or fees.
If repairs are necessary because the air is not being cooled properly, it’s important they be rectified promptly. A mechanical issue in the ac system typically becomes worse if neglected.
Commercial Air Conditioning Maintenance
A commercial air conditioning system that is working harder, not smarter, increases commercial power bills significantly because these systems are larger and more powerful than residential air conditioning systems. With regular commercial air conditioning maintenance and the application of the latest technological advancements, these systems will work more efficiently resulting in lower energy bills and improved longevity.
According to HVAC.com, “Not all businesses require the same needs from their HVAC systems. Customized commercial HVAC maintenance plans may be offered by your preferred (Proficient Air), which will provide the specific care your system needs to boost performance. Facility managers and maintenance departments can keep commercial HVAC systems running more efficiently through regular commercial HVAC maintenance.”
Even though all air conditioning units are not the same, best practices in commercial air conditioning maintenance includes –
For outdoor components:
- Inspection and cleaning of coils and cabinets
- Clearing of drain pans and condensate lines
- In-depth inspection of the compressor
- Inspection and lubrication of the fan motor and blades
- Careful inspection of the control box, switches, wiring, and safety controls
- Measurement of refrigerant levels and recharging, if necessary
For indoor components:
- Checking and cleaning the blower assembly
- Lubrication or replacement of belts
- Cleaning of combustion blower housing
- Cleaning/Clearing of the evaporator coil, drip pan, and condensate lines
- Inspection and cleaning of burner assembly
- Cleaning of the ignition system
- Testing of safety controls
- Inspection of heat exchange
- Checking the flue system for dislocations and wear
- Checking and tightening control box wiring, and connections
- Cleaning and/or replacement of air filters
- Checking duct system
Residential & Commercial Heating Maintenance
Like air conditioning, heating components require maintenance to keep them clean and operating properly when you need them. If a heat system fails, find a heating repair technician who is trustworthy, honest, and experienced with your type of unit to avoid unnecessary delays and added expenses.
There’s little worse than being cold and not having an operable heat source. Keep cozy on cool nights with regular maintenance, and if/when the need arises for repairs, be sure to get estimates from reputable HVAC technicians for a successful service call and peace of mind.
Commercial refrigeration maintenance in the Tampa Bay area should always be a top priority for business owners, because the consequences of equipment failure can be significant. If proper temperatures are not consistent, customers can get sick from spoiled products, resulting in the business owner’s liability and a significant loss of profitability, due to lawsuits and costly settlements.
Preventative commercial refrigeration maintenance is the wise, less-expensive option to keep your refrigerated products, your customers, and your business safe.
Professional commercial refrigeration maintenance in the Tampa Bay area includes:
- Cleaning the condenser coils
- Examining the evaporator coil
- Inspecting and replacing the gaskets
- Cleaning and/or replacement of air filters
- Cleaning/Clearing of the evaporator coils, condensate lines, and drain hoses
Commercial refrigeration failure can be prevented with regular unit maintenance by commercial refrigeration professionals.
Proficient Air offers affordable maintenance contracts to prevent system failures. Take advantage of Proficient Air maintenance contracts that include:
- At least half off the third service
- Discounted labor rates
- 15% off parts
- Trip charges waived (within 25 mile radius)
- An option to add filter service
- Guaranteed same-day service
Proficient Air was established in 2010, as a family-owned and operated air conditioning company in the Tampa Bay area, and we are dedicated to providing our customers with the finest, most affordable strategies in cooling and heating systems, and high quality you can rely on. At Proficient Air, our customers always come first and receive the personal attention they deserve. Our trained technicians provide the best options for home and business owners and help them make the best, most informed decisions. Our motto stands: “Efficient Care = Proficient Air.”
Proficient Air in Palm Harbor offers a variety of high-quality air conditioning systems, as well as routine maintenance contracts, that are specifically tailored to your needs and budget. If it is time for air conditioning maintenance, you need air conditioner repairs, or a complete air conditioning system installation, call Proficient Air today: 727.386.2732